Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Bought a 2003 1200 animal yesterday, I was informed it had

Bought a 2003 1200 Warrior yesterday, I was informed it had been standing for 9 months drove it about 20 miles yesterday everything seemed fine although never drove one before, but I got up this morning and drove a few hundred yards, and crash bang wallop clouds of smoke,and sounds like bones in a tin. can you advise, Is it the turbo? if not what can it be. thanks; Sandra

PLEASE REPLY A>S>A>P

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE..

Im sorry to hear of your plight... It does sound from what you say, that you may well have turbo failure.... it will have to be physically inspected Im afraid.

Its not unheard of for these engines to fail internally neither - by way of big end / con rod / crankcase failure... again - it will need a physical inspection to determine the cause for sure.... This failure is often identified by oil in the road underneath...
Let me know how you get on----

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.