Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Trying to source a replacement exhaust for a Mitsubishi l300

Customer Question

Trying to source a replacement exhaust for a Mitsubishi l300 2.5 diesel swb van 1997, coming up with exhausts that have one box. My vehicle has two boxes. Engine No JH8525, chassis LMBJNP45VXA000347 - any ideas where I might find this exhaust in UK?
Geoff Pring
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Jeff you can use any local Exhaust repair shop, and have them make up a new exhaust system for you ,works out better and cheaper than replacing with original system .

The exhaust tubing will be bent on site and a correct box from there inventory will be used and welded or bolted in place.

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, unfortunately being the Falkland Islands local manufacture of exhausts is a non starter, however most of the local mechanics can provide a fix maybe using a Pajero system and "adapting" it. Discovered as my vehicle is left hand drive (sorry I didn't mention that) that it probably came from Chile and is a direct import for that Country, hence the two box system. The other question is do you think if I buy a system via auto online that it can be made to fit, seems to be a reasonable price for a steel exhaust (circa £120). Grateful for your view on that.

Many thanks,

Geoff

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Geoff .

Could be a good idea to open a exhaust shop in the falklands could be good money in this ides ,(To cold for me down there .)

I'm sure a local shop could weld up a replacement ,is there no parts dealer that has muffler parts so you can have one made up .if the tubing is okay then you just need weld in new box's..You don't have to use mitsubishi parts universal box can be used ..

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, thanks. I've decided on advice from a local repair shop to go for the online automotive exhaust and make it fit. Could be right about a local exhaust shop, only problem is with oil being produced next year everyone is gearing up to support that. Thanks for your help though.

Geoff

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Geoff .

Oil !! So be some jobs?? My son is looking for work 18 years old, British passport holder.

??

Thanks Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, there will be undoubtedly be a requirement for all sorts of workers predominantly with oil industry experience. Have your son search the web for Falkland Islands oil. A recruitment company is currently being formed in the UK so keep an eye out for it. regards, Geoff

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Geoff .

Thank you will check this out for him, Cheers.

Greg