Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a Pajero 2800 Turbo diesel (40M40) engine. It has a

Customer Question

I have a Pajero 2800 Turbo diesel (40M40) engine. It has a pump problem not pulling fuel from the tank. With gravity feed from small can it starts and runs perfectly, but guzzles the contents of the tank in no time, presumably returning unused fuel to the main tank as the fuel light has gone off now and it was on when I started. It is not smoking at all so presumably this is quite normal? Is it possible to service the lifter part of the pump without removing the whole injector pump?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This looks like a lift pump malfunction , remove the fuel filter and if its empty then pump the lift pump 40 odd times this should fill the filter.
If the filter does not fill (you will notice the pump get hard to pump when full) then check for retricktion by using a vacuum pump to suck up fuel from the tank if fuel comes replace the lift pump . no fuel then check the delivery line for damage up to the tank.

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue