Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

My 1993 Pajero 2.8 is there a inline fuse for the speedo.

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Greg :

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Greg :

No fuse, this is driven with a speedometer cable from the transmission .

Greg :

If the speedometer is not working then check the cable at the rear of the instrument cluster and rear part of the transmission .

Greg :

If the speedometer is not working but the odometer is replace the cluster if both not working check the cable if cable is good and turns then replace the cluster .

Customer:

MY SPEEDO IS ELECTRONIC.

Greg :

1993 model ?

Greg :

If thats the case then check the VSS on the rear part of the transfer case , there is a wire with a plug attached to the sensor and the sensor is fitted into the transfer case with one 10mm bolt remove this and check the plastic gear wheel is still okay .If the plastic is good check the VSS "Vehicle speed sensor "

Customer: How can I check the VSS.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ted .

VSS is in the cluster . this is why you have to replace the instrument cluster it if the cable is working.

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue

Greg