Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

how much should I expect to pay for fitting ring gear to my

how much should I expect to pay for fitting ring gear to my 1994 pajero 2.8 auto
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Which ring gear .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg,

It's starter ring gear, it has happened infrequently over the past year or two when the starter motor would just sound but not engage just the once and would work on the second turn every time but the other day it took 4 turns of the key before engaging the guy at my local garage said the starter sounds healthy but only heard it in healthy mode, suspects there could be tooth wear on ring

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Hi .

Thank you .
The starter ring i would not replace but rather get the complete flywheel
which would cost around 80 Quid on ebay .if the starter ring has problem then in most cases the flywheel could also have problems like warpage ..

The time that your local garage would charge for this job would be for an automatic 9 hrs X what ever hr rate they have .and a manual transmission you can count an extra 1 hr.

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg.

PS. here is an address for parts .

Jap Parts Ltd
Mark Hammond
Jan Buildings
Phoenix Sidings
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
TS19 0AA
United Kingdom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Greg a friend has suggested I turn the engine over by rotating the crankshaft with an adjustable this might prove whether it's a flywheel problem ?!!

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Remove the starter and check the bendix drive, and look into the opening where the starter was and check the ring gear ,turn the engine over at the front crankshaft with a 19 mm socket and ratchet .
Turn a complete rotation and check the teeth on the flywheel .if bad replace .

Rgds Greg