Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

My 2008 warrior 2008 l200 has a fault which I caused when I

Customer Question

My 2008 warrior 2008 l200 has a fault which I caused when I shorted two wires together on the audio loom. Since then the satnav multimedia system and display or radio does not work, the remote fob alarm central locking and alarm does not work but car will lock by door locks themselves but alarm still remains inactive. The interior lamps do not function at all, also the speedometer does not register speed or the odometer register miles but all other readings on speed cluster work, i.e. fuel, temp etc. The engine and all driving is fine, however the headlamps or sidelights, indicators etc will not come on with the ignition key out of the barrel, the key needs to be in the ignition and turned to at accessories position for lights to function. Everything else seems to work fine. I think what ever has happened to cause this is the answer to all the failures. I have checked all fuses to the best of my knowledge and unless some exist that are not in the engine bay or under steering column I am at a loss. ANY HELP PLEASE ????
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I hope to help you with your problem.
From the description it seems as though you may have shorted out the control unit or the fuse board, this will be a complicated thing to diagnose without specialist equipment and knowledge. I think the only way forward would be to call an auto-electrician or repair centre.
I know this may not be the answer you were hoping for. Please don't forget to rate my answer, just answer consider anything less than good as a failure and we don't receive credit for our work, I hope I haven't failed you.
If I can be of further assistance on this please don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards
Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I wont down rate the answer, I appreciate alI input but I need more specific help, I could take it to a service center anyway, i am on here to get experienced advice on possible causes rather than take it to a garage to get it fixed. I have no blown fuses and am about to change the ectas ecu. I was hopping for a bit more of a pointer. Although I appreciate you replying as you are the only one, your information only tells me to take it to a garage. I appreciate my problem is complex but I am looking for more technical input as my experience of control systems is quiet good and was hopping to converse at a system level, i have a good understanding of CAN protocol and electronic systems, however I am not specific to mitsubishu which is why if pointed in the right direction I may be able to solve it. Please do not think I do not appreciate you replied as I really do, the information I want needs to be more in depth. Many thanks Richard