Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a Mitsubishi pajero,2350 cc petrol,2006 station wagon

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi pajero,2350 cc petrol,2006 station wagon engine no 4g64MH2177,chassis BAVOOV31W6S00039,car is in Africa.
I am here trying to buy a via spares based on guess work to resolve its problem
The car has done 186000 engine never opened and never give one problem except changing oil filters plugs shocks,has leaf spring at back.
It started for a year slightly faulting on acceleration,should have. Checked out at time , changed plugs ,air filter etc and eventually fuel pump when started losing power on acceleration.After changing the fuel pump,not original Mitsubishi and problem not resolved , returned the original pump,the car now starts well idles slightly rough but cannot accelerate at all ,car will stall if in gear.
Tried the fuel pressure valve,the Air FLow Sensor , as it seems to accelerate better when air flow sensor disconnected,changed fuel filter,no better on any.
i do not have access to scanner so wanted one last try wih the throttle position sensor as the problem appears to be no fuel pressure/supply on acceleration,I assume the fuel pressure is enough to start and idle the car .?
an ideas what is reason and what is next best step.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

With the newer type cars and there fuel injection system you will need to get a code reader .these you can get on ebay for around $50.00 .

Click here for an idea of a code reader

Just replacing parts on an idea could cost you a fortune.

First i would service your throttle body and idle control valve ,this is probably choke up with carbon build up /
Carb cleaner and a old tooth brush to clean out ,best removed and cleaned .

A fuel pressure gauge would help to make sure the pressure is good but if you had the same isssue with the neew fuel pump then i would buy the scan tool clear codes and test drive then check for malfunction codes .

Do this then please get back to me with the malfunction codes .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg