mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My shogun which is a 2006 lwb 3.2 tdi keeps loosing power at

Customer Question

My shogun which is a 2006 lwb 3.2 tdi keeps loosing power at 70mph could this be caused
by the fuel pump
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Yes the fuel pump and fuel injectors can cause this issue to happen.
What I would suggest as a first step is to have the fuel pressure checked at idle and with the key on without the engine running, this will show if the pressure is bleeding down which would indicate a failing fuel pump.
If the pressure checks out, the injectors should be tested next, this would need to be done with a balance test which would show which injector is failing.