mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have bought a split unit 2 inside and main outside compressor

Customer Question

I have bought a split unit 2 inside and main outside compressor unit, the pipes supplied are only 5 metres long, i need 1 at 3 to 4 metres the other at 6 to 7 metres . Is it ok to cut and solder the copper pipes as i dont have a flaring tool for the shorter one and need to extend the other one, the longer run needs for the pipes to go up into a ceiling void and drop back down to the inside unit (only 0.5 metre up and drop down again)
Also is it necessary to vacuum the pipes as they are only totalling 10metres and are well short of the30 metres max length in the instructions ?.
I have suitable drainage points for both inside and the outside compressor , these will of course fall all the way to the drain .
My first time using these unit's and would appreciate your response .
Regards Ian
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE..

What vehilce is this being installed in?

Rgds, MIKE................................