Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Error code 43 (T.C.Fault)

I am writing to you in the hope you can give me some guidance regarding my '03' Mitsubishi Shogun Elegance 3.2 DiD auto 129000miles. I have had this vehicle for several years now and have been very pleased with it. A wonderful towing vehicle. It has always been serviced as it should and repaired as and when necessary.A few weeks ago I broke down in a cloud of smoke and I have been told by our local diesel experts that was the fuel pump which has failed. This was confirmed by inspection after they had removed it. I managed to find one in a breakers which I was told had been removed from an accident damaged vehicle which was running perfectly. I do not have any grounds not to believe this. This pump was fitted to my vehicle and although the vehicle seems to run well it does not start immediately but only after turning over the engine for a few seconds. Once it has started it idles a little slower than it should. It also often cuts out when shifting into gear. It also does not seem to be as 'crisp' as it was. It is also bringing up the error code 43 (timing control fault). The pump is a DMP DT460EB.I am now on a pension so I do not have the income to spend on the vehicle. It has already cost me £1500. Money I really do not have. I hope that you may be able to give me some clues as to what else could cause this error code to be displayed.

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Code 43 is your timing control valve,

Have the connection and wiring harness checked may have been damaged when the pump was replaced .

Below is a diagram to the location of the TCV, but to be honest i would return and swop the Pump if that can still be done as thi9s pump may have other related issue ..

graphic

Hope this makes it a bit clear of what your issue is and that you find a solution to have this rectified as cheap as possible .

All the best and thank you for using JA for your Automotive problems .

Please get back to me if you need further assistance with this issue.
But please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What you have told me is one possible thing which I have already considered but what else could cause this error code?I assume that the tv can be replaced with the pump in place? Is your exploded view one of this pump? Have you any idea of the cost of the valve? Julian
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julian .

Yes sir wireing connection at the plug ,are the haqrnes as said in my post above .

Julian this is a common issue on these pumps and yes can be replaced in car ..

Check at the connector that the pins have not be pushed out of contact range .

No other issue would cause this code.

When you are checking the wiring connections check the valve at the same time with a Ohm tester .

graphic

This will confirm a bad valve .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It would seem that it is the 'advance' within the pump that is still at fault and causing the vehicle not to idle and to stall, but code 43 has now gone.