Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

L200 won't start.will start with a of easy start

Customer Question

L200 won't start.will start with a squirt of easy start
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Jake :

Hi there, thanks for the question.

Jake :

from your description it looks like you already found air in the lines from a leak at the primer pump

Jake :

if the primer was replaced and the air leak fixed

Jake :

you still need to bleed the system to prevent a vapor lock issue

Jake :

this will require the #1 injector to be loosed while you crank the engine or activate the electric pump

Jake :

when no more bubbles come out tighten the injector and the system should be free from air.

Jake :

If it continues to fail to start even though it has been fully bled, then you need to check for fuel pressure first.

Jake :

depending on the pressure test results, that would tell if the in tank pump has failed or if you need to check for injector pulse operation

Jake :

let me know if you need anything else thanks.

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.