Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

How can I tell what spares i need mitsubishi Grndis.

How can I tell what spares i need for my mitsubishi Grndis. I have just bought it from Japan, have not received it yet, but would like to startbuying some spares and consumables
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shantal...

I am very disappointed with not being able to get a response. Could to continue this for me for another 24 hours before closing the question??

Derek

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
hey there, sorry for the delay. Could you elaborate on what you mean by spares and consumables? Are you wanting to know what size spare tire you should carry? and what maintenance items you should order for the future?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

I would like to know the brake pads to carry, what filters, ...I will be getting this to the Island and there are no spares available locally, so I need to know what to have on hand....Where can I get a manual from etc. Would like to continue this dialogue...

Derek

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

I would need more details on the vehicle to help then.

A reg#

what year model

which engine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

I have just bought the vehicle in Japan. Here are the details that they have given me...

SN. 164577

Make Model: MITSUBISHI GRANDIS

Chassis: NA4W-0022165

Year: 2004

I have numerous photos.

Because I will not be able to buy spares locally, I wish to order bits so that they arrive on island when the car does.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Engine oil filter: MD322508 / MD356000 / MD136466 (ideally any one of these filter numbers from mitsubishi will fit and work properly. The part numbers change from model and country of origin but thet are the same filter and for your engine.

Air Filter: MR968274

Front brake pads: MR527674

Rear Brake pad set: MN116286

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant.... As this vehicle is from Japan, the stereo stuff is in Japanese...Is there some way I can replace this??... Please see pictures>>>

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
im not sure if the japanese model has other language selsctions like the european models, but you would have to navigate through the settings to see.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have an idea where I could get an english replacement head thingy??? or would I need to replace the whole caboodle??

Can you give me numbers for Windscreen wipers, fuel filter, spark plugs etc....

Can I also have your opinion on these pictures...its the brakes etc....

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Brake pads look good.

Rotors are rusted pretty good but that will wear off with a couple hundred miles of driving.

wipers - just measure their length and buy accordingly at local patrts supplier.

fuel filter - not a maintenance item for petrol engines. sock filter is on pump only.

plugs - MN158596

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jake... Is there anything that is a problem with this vehicle that I need to look out for?? and back to my previous question....is there a english replacement for the computer/stereo thingy??

Derek

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Derek, not many issues with these cars.

The display has a software version installed, which is what displays on the screen. . i assume if you purchased an english display unit it would fit the same.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any idea where I can get a manual for this vehicle??

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
owners manual or service manual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
If you don't have a dealer close by then your best bet would be to keep an eye on ebay as the owners manual really can't be found anywhere else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jake...

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome, please be sure to leave me a kind rating so I get credit for my time with you. thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem Jake....just one more thing before you go....could you direct me to a site where I can get an english display?...I have been trying but no luck.

Could you also look at this for a manual

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-GRANDIS-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-FACTORY-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL-/161605674388?hash=item25a072e594

Derek

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

That looks to be a good manual. The manuals in PDF format are what we use with our dealer software also.

For an english displa you will have to locates a spares place either locally or online and send a request to them for what your looking for. Thde part from a dealership would EXTREMELY expensive, but you could get a spare for a good price.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks buddy. all done.

enjoy your evening

Derek

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome, don't forget to leave me a kind rating. thanks
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.