Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Mitsubishi l200 and I'm losing power a little

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi l200 and I'm losing power a little when I accelerate and when I decrease speed it happens again
Sometimes take a while to start
Is this air / diesel filters??
Will
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Will,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Will,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Will, I appologize for the delayed response but I am here to help now if you need me.

Like you already mentioned the fuel filters and air in the lines are pretty common issues for hard starts and hesitations on these engines. If you have not replaced the filter recently I would advice you replace the filter and bleed the air out of the line after.

Then proceed to see if you still have any issues afterwards. If so we will need to consider a couple other issues that ar eknown to cause similar symptoms on these trucks. So le tme know how you make out please.