Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2007 mitsubishi l200 2.5 did. Since I have done the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mitsubishi l200 2.5 did. Since I have done the head gasket it will not start. I have checked my timing and its spot on. It appears to be getting no fuel. It will run on easy start. I have also had the injectors reconditioned. At first no fault codes came up until I towed it off then it came up with code p0336. Which is crank portion sensor range, I have already changed the sensor. The fault does not come with just cranking. I have checked all fuses that I can see again they all seem fine. I have fuel to the injectors, but as there is no smoke at the exhaust on cranking I can only assume the injectors are not powering up to open the injectors. I am a bit lost as to where to go next. Cheersben
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now then shantal still no answer i'm affraid. was thinkin of possibly trying to see if my key would need recoding but i'm still stuck. any help would be really appreciated. cheers Ben

Hello Ben,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no worries shantal i think i'll hang a while longer just to see if you find someone who can help. i'll keep trying at my end and if finally i find the problem i'll be sure to let you know. thanks for all your help. ben

Hello Ben,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.Hopefully the wait wont be to long.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, sorry for the delay.!
Let me know if you still need assistance with this and I will help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes fella could definately use some help still. cheers Ben

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Good day Ben, have you by chance checked with a meter for power to the injectors with key in the ON position?

and did you remove the crank sprocket when doing the timing job?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now then jake. i didn't remove the crank sprocket when doing the belt, it was siezed on so i managed to squeeze the balance shaft belt under it.

i haven't checked the injectors with the key on. what voltage should i expect to get at the injectors?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
The injectors will have constant battery voltage with the key on, about 12 volts. The engine computer grounds them for pulse duration but we just want to know if there is power there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now then jake i've checked the injectors with ignition on. with the battery at 12volts. i've had one probe from the multimeter to the live on the injector and the other probe to the earth on the battery i'm reading 6.3 volts on all four injector plugs.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** we know now that the injector pulse is not a pwoer issue, but moreso directly related to the crank sesor code thats present.

It's fairly common for these balancers and crank sprockets to seize like you mentioned. When that happens and you get the crank gear to move, but not come all the way off it can cause the reluctor to move which throws off ignition timing. Generally you won't notice it moved until the crank sprocket has been removed and the notch not lined up correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

right then fella so i'll try and remove the sprocket and have look hopefully it should give me an answer.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Let me know, thanks
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
hey there, just wanted to check back and see how you made out?
If you have further questions just let me know, If not just please be sure to leave a kind rating.
thanks.