mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My 2012 outlander with sst transmission developed a severe

Customer Question

Hi My 2012 outlander with sst transmission developed a severe judder when shifting 1st to 2nd and to a lesser extent from 3rd to 4th at about 10000 miles.After 2 attempts at reprogramming the dealer replaced the clutch. Ok for a further 10000 miles, now at 20000 the judder is returning. The dealer was unable to tell me the exact cause the 1st time and just said he had to return the sealed clutch to Mitsubishi.
I am suspicious that the root cause is in the gearbox rather than the clutch and that the new clutch may be just absorbing the gearbox input shaft movement (for a while).
What do you think?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shantal

Yes I do still need an answer. At the moment I am on vacation, but will be taking the car back to the Mitzi dealer when I get home. The dealer is co-operative, but I would like to be able to argue against him just replacing the auto clutch again. I would like to be able to insist on a new gearbox.

I believe you may be in USA? but I think the outlander transmission is identical. Mine is on a 2.2 diesel engine.

If you are unable to answer this one it is not a big disaster for me, but I will just have to rely on the dealer.

Jeff

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I have not received a reply yet.

If you are still unable to answer, I would appreciate if you would close the question and refund my payment (paypal £16)

Jeff

***@******.***