Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Where is the overdrive control unit located on a 1995 shogun

where is the overdrive control unit located on a 1995 shogun v6 3000?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will keep on waiting, and wish to add that the vehicle has automatic transmission

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You having issue with getting O/D to come in .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it often behaves perfectly, but sometimes won't, even when cruising at 60 mph on motorway. My question is, where is the o/d control unit located in this vehicle?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
This is why i ask as, the O/D is controlled from the ECM /TCM . there is no single control module just for the overdrive First check for malfunction codes in the TCM you will need a dealer level scan tool to check this a normal code reader or aftermarket scan tool may not be able to read these codes . But from your issue the most common problem for this is your ECT engine coolant temp sensor . But first check for codes and let me know what you find .. Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already changed the coolant temp sensor, and the a/t switch. Each of these resulted in a cure for a few days, then back to its old habits. But thanks for your advice, I will get the ECM/TCM checked.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Good then let me know what malfunction codes you find stored . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi greg, the diagnostic check revealed malfunction code 11, the throttle position sensor. I have replaced this item today, and the overdrive has behaved properly since. I am very grateful for your help. Best wishes, Keith

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hoi Keith

Yes that will cause a issue with the transmission .

All the best and happy motoring .

Rgds Greg.
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models