Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

On the Shogun '96 we are trying to locate the fuel pump. We've

Customer Question

On the Shogun '96 we are trying to locate the fuel pump. We've cleaned out a lot of gunge from the pipes and tank but still no fuel is getting to the injectors. Any ideas please.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..
To be able to help I need to know exactly what engine the vehicle has....
Rgds, MIKE........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I know that it is a pajaro, it is actually running now but Jerry doesn't have much confidence that it will keep going. I'll let you know if it stops again. Cheers

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -
Thank you for the reply..
I was asking about the engine because petrol and diesel engined models have different pumps so different locations.
If you have a diesel - the pump is on the very front of the engine - you can ID it as the four steel injector pipes connect to it - up to the injectors.
If its the petrol one you have, its underneath by the tank area - follow the fuel pipes back to find it - it is a cylindrical object - with one pipe going into one end and one out the other end - then you will see it has the wiring connector to it - easily identified that way ;)
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ MEANTIME >>- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.