Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Why is it that Ichanged the front brake discs and pads but

Customer Question

why is it that Ichanged the front brake discs and pads but the pads wear out way to soon this is on a L200 mitsubishi turbo desesl
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
The reason for fast pad usage after the disc and pads where change is due to the fact the saddle is stiff and possibly the pistons also,
Remove the pads and check that the pistons move in and out without to much effort. the saddle must also slide back and forth with ease on the two pins .
If all are working correctly and smoothly then you may be using poor quality brake pads ??
Driving habits driving with your foot resting slightly on the brake pedal ..
Do you feel the car is dragging and slowing down faster than normal when you let off of the accelerator pedal . are the two front wheels hot after a short drive .MPG gone up these are all indications of brake drag .
Check these then please get back to me for further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg