Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a 2004 warrior which has developed a problem, engine

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 warrior which has developed a problem, engine ticks over lumpy but ok when revved, now when I drive it the rev counter goes nuts power disappears and just ticks over and engine management light comes on, turn engine off after a few seconds I can hear a relay click and it starts fine however it is getting worse now I can't go very far and problem reacures. Regards paul
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This is a crank sensor issue i suggest you replace the crank sensor as when this fails will not always trip a code for the crank sensor ..
With the REV counter going bonkers this is a signal from a faulty crank sensor causing you this issue.
Check first the crank sensor wiring harness and connections if good clean and undamaged replace the sensor .
If you have the use of a good scan tool or a scope when you are experiencing the problem check the crank sensor with the scope or in live data in the scan tool see if the revs are also showing a jumping reading
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg