Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have had a new exhaust system replaced. As soon as I

Customer Question

I have had a new exhaust system replaced.
As soon as I left the garage, the indicators failed and the battery warning light appeared on the dashboard. Fuse n°12 (10Amp) had failed. I later on replaced the fuse and all systems worked again whilst the engine is idling. I drive away and as soon as I use the indicator, either left or right, the fuse N° 10 blows again. I have now replaced it three times and to no avail.
Can you advise me, please?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** happy to help.
For this to be happening - you have to have a "short" somewhere - so that every now and then with the movement of the systems - this touches and shorts the wiring -and blows your fuse.
As this started after the exhaust change, its reasonable to assume that they have disturbed the wiring loom on the car down the engine - most likely near the manifold - and you may well find you have wiring that is too near too / touching the exhaust...or metal somewhere there in the engine bay.
You need to be looking very carefully to find this but you should...
If you struggle - take it back to them and tell them whats happened - They will have it up on the ramp - making it much easier to find the issue -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.