Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Immobiliser causing starting problem

Customer Question

immobiliser causing starting problem
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
MY name is MIKE.
You dont really give any details at all of the car you have - or the problem... but in general I can tell you that if you have for sure immmobilser issues, this can be a key / fob fault...so try your spare first.
If that does not rule out the first key fob as faulty - then being its a fully electronic issue on all the Mitsubishi cars, you WILL need plug in diagnostic equipment to fully ID the cause of your fault - and this really is best done at a dealer on the Mits cars Im sorry to say...
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE