Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

My mitsubishi challenger ' expassion tank is bubbling and the

My mitsubishi challenger ' expassion tank is bubbling and the is pressure from the pipe into the expassion tube. What could be the reason ?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This is the engine overheating .
This could be the cause of too little coolant, Bad radiator cap,Thermostat stuck closed ,Blockage in the Radiator , Fan clutch failure ,and a bad Headgasket due to overheating to many times ..
First step is to check the fan clutch , remove the thermostat and run at first without to see if she overheats again , still overheating check that you have circulation of coolant is none bad waterpump .
good circulation then you need to check the headgasket by doing a leak test on the system using a block and head leak test ,this is a test done to see if you have CO2 in the coolant system if CO2 is found then you have a bad headgasket .
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi it bubbles from startup but not a lot of water goes into the expassion tank, the temp gauge in normal when it heats up and doesn't go above half even on a half an hour run. Thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay try a new radiator cap, as the pressure it has on start up should not bubble over into the expansion tank this is a sign of a bad weak spring in the radiator cap . Greg