Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

I have a 52 Plate Pinin with solid back axle how do I get

Hi I have a 52 Plate Pinin with solid back axle how do I get the half shafts out, I have undun the 4 nuts behind the hub & tried a slide hammer with no luck
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi,That is all that should be needed on these. The axle housing has the four bolt bearing hub bolted on with the axle shaft pressed through it. Once the nuts are removed from the bearing hub a large slide hammer is all I use to get the axle out... but it takes a lot of pulling to pop it loose when they are getting old like this. In addition to the bearing hub seizing to the housing, and the difficulty sliding off the studs, as well there is a circlip in the axle housing holding the axle shaft from moving too which can get stuck pretty good.Just keep at it and you should be able to get it with enough tries of the slide hammer provided it is a full size unit.