Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

There. I have just bought a 2003 Shogun (auto) which has

Customer Question

Hi there. I have just bought a 2003 Shogun (auto) which has the transfer box flashing light on the display. Am I right in saying that it could be something as simple as a switch on the gearbox? Is there more than one of these switches on the gearbox and would I be better changing all of them if there is indeed more than 1.
Thanks,
Andy.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Andy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Andy, I apologize for the delay. There is no doubt it "could" be from a switch in the gearbox. More often than not switches are prone to specific fault codes though that are particularly easy to trace. So if you have a scan tool that can communicate with the transmission control unit please let me know which codes you have. Otherwise it may be cheaper to have a local shop pull the codes instead of purchasing all the sensors.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how you would like to proceed please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fault code 33.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
This is a code fr the transfer switches, it's a pretty tight fit in there you need to slightly lower the rear end of the gearbox to access the switches on the case. For what it's worth, alot of people who don't use 4wd very often the switch is not actually bad but needs to cleaned to correct the issue.