Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a L200 the engine management light has come on .

Customer Question

Hi I have a L200 the engine management light has come on . There is a lose of power also the engine cuts out but if you swith off it will then start again.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
As long as the check engine light is not flashing and the engine is still running normal your son can carry on driving .
What he needs to do is find a service station and get hooked up to a scan tool and check for malfunction codes.
From the malfunction code he will then know what has to be repaired or replaced .
May just be a little issue with one of the sensors and could be a quick fix.
Tell him to do a visual inspection under the bonnet and see if any of the wiring plugs have problems bad fittings come off etc .
Disconnect the battery wait a few minutes replace and start the engine
light maybe now out test drive if it comes back ON have it hooked up as said .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for your reply . He is in France at the moment he has unloaded the car and says it's running ok but the engine management light is still on . He will see how it goes as were he is it's a little remote . Thanks for your help .
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you also .
As said as long as the light is not flashing should be okay to drive to a shop and get checked .
Seen people drive all year with the light on LOL.
This light is an emission warning so he may start having a bad MPG now ..
Rgds Greg