Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a 2001 shogun pinin 1.8 GDI. recently when I start the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 shogun pinin 1.8 GDI. recently when I start the engine there seems to be a clunking sound. this doesn't happen every time. its just a single clunk when I turn over the engine but the engine is smooth and quiet after start.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I close the question will I be charged anything at all so far as I am in financial difficulty and have to account for everything in budget ?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Sorry you was put on hold all this time .
The clunk you hear when starting is the starter motor bendix drive.
When the bendix starts to fail it will hit the flywheel starter ring hard when engaging .
Common fault have this checked before the starter fails completely.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.