Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have just purchased a semi automatic Colt CZ2 2008 plate

Customer Question

I have just purchased a semi automatic Colt CZ2 2008 plate - however I seem to having a few problems. Is it normal when setting off for example at lights in the A position for it to not set off straight away - the revs to be high and the car surge forward until it gets itself into gear. The car seems very slow at putting itself into gear and the garage I purchased this from have advised this is normal. I am worried. Also when going down a steep hill in the A position the revs went to over 3 which seems very strange to me. Can you advise?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 12 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like a response please
Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, thanks for the question. I wouldn't be concerned at all about the revs going over 3 down a steep hill. This is normal transmission logic to engine brake on deceleration. This makes it easy to maintain speed downhill instead of drastically increasing speed. Now for the engine to rev high and surge forward from a stop is not normal, but I need a little more details to fully grasp what your talking about. Does it rev high like its in neutral and then kinda slams into gear and surges forward quickly?? or does it creep forward at high revs and then downshift and accelerate normally?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There seems to be a delay before the car moves from a standstill and puts itself into gear. It's slow moving - I have found that putting the car into 1st gear and moving off is better. Also sometimes when the car is at a standstill it cuts out and it won't go back into neutral, I have to wait few minutes and then try again and then when it starts and I set off it kangaroo hops slightly and judders - I have been told it's a software problem but I'm not convinced
Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.
The fact that it stalls out and then kangaroo hops is an indication that it's not fully in gear and not going into neutral at a stop. Depending on the programming logic it MAY be something that needs updated if there is a previous bulletin for this issue, but i am not aware of any programming bulletins out. Seems to me like the issue is with the gear box itself. Hopefully someone didn't service the gearbox with non OEM approved fluid as this will cause similar issues.