Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Having trouble starting my shogun sport 2.5 td, it has to

Hi,having trouble starting my shogun sport 2.5 td, it has to turn over a few times before starting,it has cut out a few times when ticking over, it gives the impresion of needing fuel,it has been serviced, new filters and heater plugs done, can u pls help many thanks Tam
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This sounds like the primer pump one way valve has failed ,this lets fuel drop /flow back to the fuel tank .
When this happens it takes time with cranking the engine to get the diesel back to the prime pump .
How to test .. when cold pump the prime pump until hard may take 40 pumps
then try and start .if she starts up a lot quicker than normal then replace the fuel primer pump which is just under the intercooler on the firewall, you can get in there with your hand to pump .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.