Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Shogun trojan sport. 2.5 diesel 2006. After owning this truck

Customer Question

Shogun trojan sport. 2.5 diesel 2006.
After owning this truck for 18 months, one day I noticed fuel gauge reading even before I turned on ignition . Is this how it is supposed to operate. I'm sure it didn't do this in the beginning.
I have now lossed confidence in the gauge as I have never had a vehicle which shows a fuel gauge reading with the ignition off.
I have had a brand new gauge fitted and still the same thing happens. As I said , I'm sure it didn't always do this.
PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER THE FUEL GAUGE SHOULD RETURN TO ZERO WHEN YOU TURN OFF IGNITION. many thanks Pete Heale.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mobile number is. ***********
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
With Mitsubishi models it's NORMAL for the fuel gauge to read the proper level with the key OFF. It does not drop to E. I have seen this asked many of times. In some situations the gauge will stick in certain positions and not read accurately, but that's a different issue that is resolved by cleaning the sender connection. Let me know if you have further questions.