Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Mitsubishi 2.5 diesel shogun sport2005. If I fit an engine

Customer Question

Mitsubishi 2.5 diesel shogun sport2005. If I fit an engine from 2001 model without fly by wire throttle will it work just by fitting the manual throttle pedal and cable or would I be able to swap the ECU from the older car? Would any other sensors give a problem after the swap . I have the full donor car. Is it all possible to do simply or not worth it. Thanks Brian.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
This is alot more complicated than that because both the ABS and TCM use data from the TPS built into the drive by waire throttles. So this would be a pretty big undertaking and the ECM would not be compatible. If you were just using the long block you would probably make it work, but thats about it really.