Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

There my shogun 3.2 automatic keeps hunting forward when left in dr

Customer Question

hi there my shogun 3.2 automatic keeps hunting forward when left in drive but stopped and the same in reverse but dont do it in nutral , otherwise she has plenty power driving well but worried about this shaunting effect
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i want a full refund
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Hi . If you are still having and still need assistance please let me know .Need a bit more info .Is the check engine light ON .What is the idle speed .Please try and explain a little better in what the car is doing . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no engine lights on at all idle speed at 800 /1000,
jeep running and driving perfect ,plenty power only issue i have is when stopped and in drive or reverse the jeep proceeds to hunt when placed to neutral the hunting stops, or when a very very slight bit of acceleration is used this hunting stops. egr valve sensor replaced and cleaned out from carbon.
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Okay good thank you .Now first you need to check the fuel flow to the injection pump , try a new fuel filter and fit a Clear tube from the filter to the Injection pump .the idea is to see when the engine is running if the fuel has air in it ,if it does replace the fuel filter housing ,this is also the primer pump with a one way valve when this fails it drags in air from the return side .If no air bubbles then you have the problem with the fuel injection pumps idle control valve , this is a known issue with pumps with over 100,000 miles.From your explanation of the problem this sound like the idle valve ,but doing the air check from the filter is a good idea you never know. We normally just replace the pump if this is the case . but there are some good diesel shops that have the equipment to O/H the pumps . Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service. This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks but found the problem myself, was none of those
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
What was the problem ?If you don't mind saying . Rgds Greg