Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 diesel that is not wanting

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 diesel that is not wanting to start very easily in the mornings.
I had a set of glow plugs fitted about a month ago as 2 were not lighting. I assumed this was the problem.
The car continues to be sluggish from a cold start and can sometimes turnover for 6-7 seconds, then not start. Repeating the process and sometimes heating the plugs 3 or 4 times ensures it starts after 4-5 seconds.
Then for the rest of the day it seems to be much better.
I've had the battery and alternator tested, both are fine.
Do you have any ideas what else could be wrong?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
i apologize for the delay in responding. There are actually a couple possibilities here, the first that comes to mind is air in the fuel lines. have you tried replacing the filter and and running the low pressure pump to purge the lines?