Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

Have a colt 3zc, opened roof without realising boot wasn't

Customer Question

Have a colt 3zc, opened roof without realising boot wasn't fully closed (been, having problems with the electric grab not always function) now can't open or close roof as angles are all wrong
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If the top has stopped in a position where the switches are out of sequence the only way to get it back into sync is to manually operate the top to the fully opened or fully closed position. In the storage area there is a hydraulic pump with a manual valve on the top of it. If you loosen this valve a turn or two you will have no resistance from the top and it will be much easier to move. You can then close the valve before reaching fully closed (fully open of course you wouldn't be able to reach it). At that point the switches will be synchronized again and it should operate normally. If the problem persists after moving the top components into position then there is something more going on than just the top operating out of position. At that point you would need to get the vehicle on a topstack ecu compatible scan tool to see what fault(s) set that is/are preventing the top from running.