Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Greg I drive a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 1.5 diesel with the

Customer Question

Hi Greg
I drive a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 1.5 diesel with the semi auto gearbox, & I'm experiencing some intermittent problems with the gearbox. The first issue (on 3 completely separate occasions over the past year) after starting it I pulled away & the gear changing caused the car to jerk terribly, it was so bad I thought the engine was going to tear its mountings, but after 5mins the gear changing reverted back to usual operation. I took it to a gearbox specialist & they advised me that it could possibly need a software update, but I haven't been able to find anything out regards ***** ***** The other issue I am experiencing, is that on start up & not every time when putting in gear the gearbox does not engage & although it show the car is in auto it is in a "false" neutral, because if you rev the engine up, the gearbox grabs & the car jerks away. the other alternative is to select N switch off the car, switch it back on again & select A & this method of remedy eventually resolves the problem. In both cases there is no indication that there is anything wrong after it sorts its self out????
Grant
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi . Okay the first thing to do with transmission issue is the basics ,check fluid level and condition .fluid should be a clear light red or clear light brown .If dark brown to black then you have internal malfunction and will need an O/H or replacement . If fluid is good and clean you need a diagnostic scan tool to check for transmission malfunction codes . This transmission is known for actuator problems and may need programming as one shop told you,and this can only be done at the dealers . But first go to your dealer or a good transmission shop and check for malfunction codes this will let you know what your problem is . This is not a good transmission and have a lot of problems with actuator, and if the transmission is not removed with diagnostic tool then reassembly will cause many problems like you are having so if the trans was removed it will have to come back out .hope this is not your case . Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.Kind regards Greg.