Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

After fitting new head my L200 mitsubishi truck 2007 model

Customer Question

after fitting new head my L200 mitsubishi truck 2007 model I filled the system with water before filling the engine with oil and noticed water coming out of the sump plug. can you kindly advise?
Could this be oil cooler or turbo?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello both the oil cooler and the turbo have potential to allow the oil and water to mixI'd suggest the easy test to do is to block off the water feed to the turbo and cap the hole in the turbo then run the engine to see if this stops the water running into the sumpdo this from cold before the turbo has a chance to warm up if this makes no difference then replace the oil cooler