Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

Just had a battery failure. Now with new battery the electrics

Customer Question

Just had a battery failure. Now with new battery the electrics have gone mad. Plus hardly any brakes!
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internal lights and radio not working, checked the 80,60,and 40a fuses and they are ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The only things that can happen in this sort of scenario is either the connection to the battery did blow out some fuses/links and you just missed them, or specifically if the battery is reversed it can cause widespread electrical damage to most anything electronic in the vehicle (when polarity is reversed, the fuses are no protection as they are hit after the current is through everything).With major electricals down, it is nearly certain there are fuses/links that have been overlooked... go back through and verify all fuses/links manually... pull them out, resistance test etc. Something is blown out unless you got the battery in backward.