Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

A toughie, this, as it's not a popular car... I have an '09

Customer Question

A toughie, this, as it's not a popular car... I have an '09 grandis 2.0 DI-D with a built-in (not obviously removable) UK-spec radio CD player which also plays MP3 CDs, and also has CD-autochanger connectivity. I'm after a way of playing music direct from my iPhone/iPod playlists: either some form of Bluetooth Connectivity or by direct connection to CD-autochanger terminal (I have no idea where a CD-autochanger is mounted in this car, either)
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doug C. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, On this model there isn't any bluetooth factory option so you will be relying on something third party to get the job done. The CD changer cable connected IPod adapter does not show up as compatible on this model.If you are OK with direct connection the easiest approach here would be to use a FM modulator system. These are either hard wired in behind the radio or there are some newer (though less reliable) ones that just plug in to the accessory outlet. The purpose of these is to emit a strong FM signal that is "Broadcasting" the auxiliary devices audio (iPod) and the radio can pick it up on the FM band selected. You will need to be sure to get one in your region if you are using even decimal FM bands (like Japan uses); while these are plentiful in the US for dirt cheap, they are all odd-decimal stations. If you get the wrong one for your region you won't be able to pick up a clear signal.Again the traditional wires in behind the radio; the radio is removed and the FM modulator has a power and ground wire to hook up, then a loop antenna that goes in between the actual antenna and the antenna jack on the radio. This provides the strongest signal interception of course. The newer wireless ones just plug into the accessory outlet for power and ground and do not use an antenna loop, so the signal is not as strong (not a problem, you just need to be sure to select a frequency that does not have any local broadcasts nearby).