Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Shogun DID Elegance and I love it

Customer Question

Hi There, I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Shogun DID Elegance and I love it as it's a great work horse. That said, recently the sat nav screen has gone blank, the stereo still plays radio and CD's however none of the buttons work also.
Is this a common fault and would you advise me how to fix this please. Someone told me I would need to replace the whole console however surely there is an easier / cheaper way to resolve this problem.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. my personal email is***@******.***
Best Wishes
CF
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello CF,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He Xhantal,I still have not found the solutions. It does not appear I am going to get the answer on here. Am I entitled to a refund as this was the only reason I joined this site as this issue is a major problem?Best Wishes
Colin F
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey Colin, sorry for the delayed response.

If your still needing assistance let me know, before assuming the Nav system has failed I want to see if this is a possible firmware issue that requires a firmware upgrade.

You need to disconnect either the sat/nav unit or the battery for 5 minutes then re-connect.

IF the system works normally for a short period of time after doing this and then reverts back to the blank screen, then it's likely just a firmware issue and you can have the dealer upgrade the software to get it going again.

Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jake,Its not just the Sat Nav, The screen is blank and all the buttons on the stereo don't work. You can still listen to CVS however it won't let you skip songs etc. I have a very expensive CD multi-changer but it is unusable at present and the radio is stuck on one station i.e. Driving me mad. Any ideas?Thanks
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Colin, Thanks for clarifying with more details.

Start by checking the fuses by the drivers knee panel. If they check out, then unfortunately we still need to perform a HARD RESET, before going further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jake, I'll check them tonight and get back to youCheersColin
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you then.