Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Charisma Diesel. I think the fuel

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Charisma Diesel. I think the fuel filter needs changing but I can't find it. Please can you advise on where it is located.
Shaun
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.

The fuel filter is located over the transmission on the left side of the vehicle, just below the air duct work. You will usually need to detach the fuse panel to gain access.
Looking down there you will see a round component with two fuel lines coming off of it. Remove the nut on top and the "lid" with the two lines will lift off the round housing and the filter element will be sitting inside. Replace the filter and the o-ring (comes with the filter) and reinstall the lid, nut, fuse panel, etc and you are good to go.