Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

3clutch system was fitted done 300 miles since I bought car

Customer Question

3clutch system was fitted done 300 miles since I bought car it was coming down gears a loud bang and car stopped wouldn't go in to gear when it didclutch was slipping 1st and reverse it was rough changeing the other gears
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi..there..

What model of Mitsubishi is this? Engine?

Do you know what brand of clutch kit was put in?

How did the clutch pedal feel since this occurred or even prior to the event?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Auto 1.5 diesel turbo cz2 was bought from dingbro motor factor
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Ok..i know of Dingbro use them myself...so its a Colt 1.5DI-D? whats your Registration just to be sure there wasnt any changes with clutches for them

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Va08 gkn
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

ok..thanks for that..

I see which gearbox you have now..those semi auto boxes.and doesnt appear to be any clutch manufacturer changes.i do know that clutch actuators on them are quite common failure.replaced quite a few and most always need recalibrated,well you need to make sure it is..you basically have a clutch actuator assembly "mounted on gearbox", a gear shift actuator assembly and a gearbox ECU. first two components both of which have position sensors within each actuator, that allows for signals to be sent back to the gearbox ECU to determine the position of the clutch as well as what gear the vehicle is in.im persuming that when a new clutch was put in these values/positions reset.far as i know you have too or at least check that out diagnostically to enter the gearbox ecu...if thats not been the case then i highly doubt the clutch kit from Dingbro would be at fault here..of course if they find its a manufacturing defect then they most likely will warranty it..but i fear the problem here is possibily been an installation error.in which case you should be consulting your garage that fitted it to investigate what actually occurred and what actually blown or come apart here and should be dealing with this at no cost to yourself tbh...