Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Have only one key for my mitsubishi colt, how do i get a

have only one key for my mitsubishi colt, how do i get a replacement
Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no but it doesnt remotely open doors
Assistant: What year is your Colt?
Customer: 2007/8
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no at the moment
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay what you need to do is go to the dealership of Mitsubishi and order a key for your car , you will need to give them your chassis number as there are many different keys set up for the colt , RU and UK keys are for example not the same as UK for USA also not the same .

So from the chassis number you will know where the car come from and then can find the key for your car .

When you have the key it will have to be reprogrammed to your car you will need the original key so both can ger redone at the same time .

But i suggest you use a dealer and get a OEM key .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..