Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

After not using my Shogun for 3 weeks my ABS warning light

Hi After not using my Shogun for 3 weeks my ABS warning light is staying illuminate after start up - what could be the problem ?? Thanks Wayne
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.I assume the brake fluid level is normal and that the vehicle drives normally? It's just a solid light?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jake,
Yes, it appears just the light staying on !!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Checked to fluid level and it just a little above max. I've never had to top it up since I owned the vehicle 3 years.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for checking that for me. With no symptoms at all you will likely need to scan the ABS module to get the codes in order to k ow where to start.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
If there were symptoms like ABS pump noise or a slip/traction light on then we could use the symptoms to get a good idea of what's happening.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Additionally, when we see the alarm sounding with the ABS light it's from he HBB, but you have no symptoms but a light. Therefore it needs to be scanned.