mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

How do.. I've a 2013 3.2 di d lwb auto with 163k miles on it

Customer Question

How do.. I've a 2013 3.2 di d lwb auto with 163k miles on it .. ex highways agency .. serviced every 12k as per mitsu schedule. Am experiencing violent - as in the dash shaking- vibrations not every time I brake but most times at higher speeds , sometimes at lower speeds. Then none whatsoever at other times.... I've had front end completely re bushed, wheels balanced and rotated.. front disks off and lips cleaned up etc. Checked pistons for equal movement in calipefs and cleaned refitted etc. It seemed to be better for a couple of weeks but it's becoming regular again .. as it's done high miles could the shocher top mounts need changing now as all the bushes were pretty much shot and the front drop links changed too..(also thick painted lines as you approach roundabouts etc sometimes cause vibration when braking on approach.... it's stopped clattering and banging over most uneven surfaces but this brake issue is infuriating..!! Am thinking there must be movement still in the legs which road conditions exaggerate at different times as no two days the same .!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shogun I meant to include
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.
Let just keep to the fact of when you start to press on the brake . Is this the time it starts to vibrate. , and does the steering wheel also vibrate .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Steering wheel seems to be last to vibrate
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Harder you need to press worse the vibration. But other times none at all at any speeds..
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.
Okay good thank you.
Now you said the disc where remove and the lips cleaned , now just the lip or was the disc refurnished cut to get out the warpage . As the problem you have sounds like a typical warped disc. ..
Greg