Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

P237 boost sensor signal low mitsubishi grandis 2008 2.0 tdi

Customer Question

p237 boost sensor signal lowmitsubishi grandis 2008 2.0 tdiboost sensor already been replaced
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you based in uk
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

you can phone me ****************

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

if you're still getting the error code after replacing the sensor then I'd suggest the next step is to trace the sensor wiring back into the main loom checking for damaged insulation and corroded connections

if this is OK then its a case of disconnecting the ECU plug and doing a continuity test between the ECU socket and the sensor socket to confirm that there's no high resistance on any of the wires

I'd also check that the boost sensor thats replaced the original is the same part number as there are a few models of the sensor each with different characteristics

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The wires do not directly return to ecu they go in to a box called injector driver which sits on top off battery.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

hello

OK can you disconnect the driver box and do the contunuity test between there and the sensor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done that all good
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what does that box do because the car starts up even disconnected
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

OK in that case the next step is to check the continuity between the driver box and the ECU as there will be a CAN pair of wires back from the driver box to the ECU

the driver box is meant to operate the high current side of the fuel injectors so it may still start with it disconnected but I'd imagine the injector control is not right when you do this and I'd expect a power loss or lower fuel consumption

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok can you provide details for the wires
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

you can download the wirign diagrams here

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/grandis/maintenance/wiring/GR00002100-90.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
found the same manual yesterday no diesel info provided
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Ok

in that case try

http://thebooksout.com/downloads/mitsubishi-grandis-workshop-manual-2008-grepbook.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cant find manual..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello i am not satisfied with this answer