Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a used mitsubishi sg3. The hands-free system is

Customer Question

I have a used mitsubishi sg3 . The hands-free system is locked with a 4 digit passcode that I do not know . How do I reset this or get around this please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this procedure below.If it does not work you may have to contact Mitsubishi to get this reset

1. Ensure power is OFF for the radio.
2. Press and release the following buttons in this order 1 RPT, << SEEK, SEEK >>, 4>>
3. The words HFM DIAG should appear on the screen.
4. Press and release the SEL button.
5. Hold down the SEL button for a long time(about 5sec).
6. Disable the passcode

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete