Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 1993 pajero LWB exceed 4d56 diesel engine with a

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1993 pajero LWB exceed 4d56 diesel engine with a damaged cylinder head so I have replaced this with a head from a 1992 pajero 4d56 with a new head gasket rebuilt it with the correct timing.But the problem is it will not start its turning over fast but not even attempting to start nothing from the exhaust no smell of diesel opened the top of the injectors and fuel is coming out with a hiss but still not starting.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check and make sure all wiring connections are found to be tight and all grounds and connections were wired and connected properly.Usually it can be a loose wire or connection that is missed when reinstalling components that can cause this fault.Make sure that you double check all timing is set properly as well.If this is all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI Pete
Thanks for getting back to me I have double checked the wiring and the timing all seems fine thinking of doing a compression test what should the psi be on the cylinders ?
Also reading other reports they say that the glow plug relay clicks twice which I have not heard and there is nothing being emitted through the exhaust could this be a cause any help really appreciated as I am really struggling now as to what is the problem
cheers
George

Your welcome

Does the glow plug or wait to start light come on for a few seconds or longer then turn off when the engine is first attempted to start the first time of the day or a cold start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No glow plug light showing and no clicking that could be the light blown on the dash

I apologize for the delay as I was offline when you responded.

This does sound like a glow plug power feed issue.My info isnt showing how your glow plugs are commanded on but usually there is a glow plug relay or glow plug control module/ecu that controls the glow plug.If this has failed suddenly this will cause this issue here.You will have to have the glow plug system tested to then locate which component is causing this issue then from there it can be repaired.Make sure all glow plug wiring is o.k. and that all fuses are double checked and found o.k.If these are all o.k. this can be the glow plug relay itself at fault needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could you tell me what should be the compression pressure in psi on the cylinders

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing me what the compression should be.I do know however all cylinders should have a high compression reading and all should be even with each other with the same compression reading within a few psi of each other.If any cylinders are far lower then the others this can indicate a compression issue with an internal mechanical issue in the engine needing checked into and repaired.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Pete
I need more information as to be honest your answers are very vague and I would request more detailed info or more possible issues that I should check then I will give a very fair rating
Cheers
George