Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My mitsubishi colt cz2 semi auto car start judder from week

Customer Question

hi my mitsubishi colt cz2 semi auto car start judder from week ago and struggle to select right gear when i slow down and suddenly apply break .sometime it stop on the road .when restart the car it is ok but it is happening again
Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
Assistant: What year is your Colt?
Customer: 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your Colt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i didnt
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i feel it is wrong with gearbox or clutch plate but my one is semi auto so should not be clutch plate also i feel gear box may be ok .might be something which transfer data to the gearbox thats why its hard to chose right gear
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with a component like the transmission position/range sensor sending a false signal on what gear the transmission is manually shifted into or a fault with the transmission torque converter if your model is equipped with one.These need to be checked into to locate which component is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete