Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Lake off power have egr fault come up have cleaned it up

Customer Question

lake off power have egr fault come up have cleaned it up
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2006 l200
Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing myself took it to local garage when engine check light came on they told me it was the egr so have cleaned it up didn't seem that bad for wot if seen on the internet. any way I got the fault code cleared and it stayed of for about 5 miles then came on again there was no diffrence to power after I cleaned egr and reset the code. i have noticed that the electric motor seems to make a noice when i turn the key of and on is this normal?
Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i notice that the front diff lock actuator was broken when i serviced it the other day and one of the little pipes that works it was broken away from the actuator have new one to replace could it be a vac issue?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would repair the broken pipe as a broken vacuum line can cause this issue.Also if there is any carbon build up in the egr ports this will cause this issue as well.If this was all checked and done and the issue remains let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete