Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Mitsubishi Grandis. I have a problem with the

I have a Mitsubishi Grandis. I have a problem with the alarm/door fob/door opening system for this car. The alarm went wrong ... alarm going off and not turning off when the fob was pressed. Pressing the little gadget into the circular hole under the dashboard which normally re-sets the alarm doesn't work. Red light which is normally going on and off day and night is not working.What do you think may be wrong? How much is it likely to cost to repair it?Mrs Wilson
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hello Mrs Wilson my name is Jake.If you don’t have any issues with the car starting then that is a good sign, it indicates that the problem is likely related to either the panic alarm or FOB operation.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
In order to get a good idea of what’s happening, someone needs to start by using a signal tech remote checker to see what signals it is actually se dong to rule out FOB issues. If all is well with that then trying to see if manually disarming the vehicle works using the door tamper switches at the locks to check for a malfunction.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Depending on what’s causing the issue, your probably looking at about 1-2 hours of diagnostic time plus the repair. The repair could be anywhere from $50-$350 depending on which part is at fault.