Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Mitsubishi Trojen pick up is leaking diesel fuel from

Customer Question

My Mitsubishi Trojen pick up is leaking diesel fuel from some where close to the tank as it is dripping rather than an under pressure lose . Can the vehicle be driven to a garage and what is the likely outcome ?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

if its just dripping its probably a leaking / broken breather hose, as there are several hoses that run from the top of the tank and then back to the inlet pipe to allow air out when filling it up

So yes you should be OK to drive it to the garage but as the tank neck pipe and tank are separate parts you can replace the neck on its own - although the tank will have to be dropped so its a long job I'd say bank on 5-6 hours to replace the filler neck and about £100 in parts

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt